Green Knitting Team
Who can join?
Anyone who's event fits any of these categories:
- Project knit (in part or in whole) with organic* yarns
- Project knit (in part or in whole) with Fair Trade yarns
- Project knit (in part or in whole) with recycled yarns
- Project will aid in reduction of waste or recycling (i.e. 'string' market bags to avoid using the plastic supermarket ones)
I will update the blog with our team members.**
* For the chemists out there: Yes, I know that in chemical jargon the term 'organic' would encompass pretty much anything one could possibly knit with. Agricultural jargon is equally well established, and there should be no ambiguity in this context. The term originally meant 'deriving from organs' in any case.
** In the interest of full disclosure, I have a confession to make. Green Knitting is not, yet, a habit for me. I will be a cheerleader for this event, and use all of you as an inspiration to improve my own knitting. It's a learning process for all of us.